Monday, November 30, 2009

All The News That's Fit To Strip

It appears that Holly Madison is filming a reality show about her life and her experiences as a burlesque showgirl. Madison, currently dances in Peepshow, at the Planet Hollywood hotel and resort in Vegas. Despite her experience as a Playmate, she still is picky about how and when she goes topless. She said:

"The ‘toplessness’ is worked into the show very tastefully and I was very controlling about when and how long I would be topless. Not because I am shy about nudity at all, but because I feel there is an effective way to do a burlesque show and then there is a sloppy way. I'm very inspired by Dita Von Teese and people who do it really well. Hef really liked the show, but I knew he would. He loves burlesque and the girls in the show are really beautiful. There are contemporary pop songs in the show, but a lot of old school style, too. The Red Riding Hood number reminds me so much of the sexy Red Riding hood Tex Avery cartoons from the 40's that Hef loves."

In other news...

New York City's Pinchbottom Burlesque hosted Lurid Pulp, an event promoting the new pulp novel, The Corpse Worse Pasties written by Jonathan Van Gieson, aka, Johnny Porkpie.

The Dallas Burlesque Festival announced that applications are now being accepted for the second annual festival, held the first weekend in February at the historic Texas Theater in Oak Cliff.

1 comment:

Francis said...

All these 'celebs' doing reality shows annoys me... but I will certainly be watching it!