Monday, January 26, 2009

All The News That's Fit To Strip

Dita Von Teese teases Paris once again. Two years ago she emerged from a rhinestone-encrusted bubble bath as the first guest star at the Crazy Horse and now the burlesque queen plans to return for a two-week run. The new show will have more specially designed numbers, including two songs she has recorded herself.

"I feel I have to raise the bar," she told Reuters. "I wanted to do something more elaborate this time," she said. "Combine the Crazy Horse style with what I do which is classic American burlesque."

Dita also admitted a long-standing crush on the club: "I've always had a real fascination with the Crazy Horse ever since I was a teenager and I found a picture of this line of nearly nude toy soldiers standing at attention," she said, referring to the trademark parade that opens the nightly show.

In other news ...

The National Journal called the Inauguration Feast of Flesh Fest, a sword-swallowing, belly dancing, burlesque, and fire-eating show, "the coolest Obama party in town."

The way Los Angeles hipsters rave about the wildly popular Lucha VaVoom series of lucha libre/burlesque events reminds Gustavo Arellano of American servicemen talking about seedy south-of-the-border bars.

No comments: