Monday, January 7, 2008

All The News That's Fit To Strip

Dita Von Teese chats about champagne, Christian Louboutin and her favorite corset:

It's made by Mr. Pearl; he's the most elusive couturier in the world for corsets -- he only makes a couple a year and won't just see anyone. He made a very special corset to go under my wedding gown [Von Teese was a briefly married to rocker Marilyn Manson], and it reminds me of the special time I spent with Mr. Pearl. I had 12 fittings, and I had to fly to Paris for each fitting, and I have very fond memories of drinking violet-scented Champagne in his atelier down this dark, narrow, crooked street near Notre Dame cathedral.

In other news ...

William Safire explains the origins of the "long pole in the tent" with a nod to burlesque.

The Daily Mirror unveils the secrets of Gilded Lili.

A former burlesque dancer inspired her granddaughter's documentary.

Meet the fitness instructor behind cardio striptease.

If you're in Minneapolis this weekend, be sure to catch The Best of Midwest Burlesk, which is hosted by Lili's Burlesque Revue and features 35 performers including Michelle L'amour and Foxy Tann & the Wham Bams.

No comments: